HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PRODUCTS
Submitting Product to Doral
Interested in having Doral Food Distributors to distribute your product? We love bringing new, exciting products to eateries, restaurants, schools, hospitals, retailers, and everywhere in between. If you can see us distributing your product, we would love to know about it! We have provided the steps below to help get you started. While there are several steps to get Doral to successfully distribute your product, and specific steps may vary depending on several factors, we are thrilled to have the chance to get to know you and your ideas. Before submitting your product proposal, please be sure to thoroughly assess the marketplace, carefully prepare for production growth, and take full advantage of the resources available to help you grow your business.
Steps to have your product distributed by Doral Food Distributors
1. Ask yourself certain questions: Before you ask Doral to distribute your product, you need to ask yourself a few basic questions. Is there already a demand for this product, or does it need to be built? Do you already know that Doral would be interested in representing your product? If you can strike a deal with Doral, could you handle the production volume? Do you want to sell directly to Doral, or do you want to sell directly to stores? Does your product offer enough of a profit margin for Doral? Can you sell your product at a reasonable enough profit to cover the packaging, shipping, commissions, marketing, and wholesale distribution?
2. Be prepared for profit breakdowns: If you work with a discount retailer, they will seek to trip your profits down to zero in order to keep their prices as low as possible. The typical breakdown of margins are: If a product costs $1 to produce, that product will retail for $4. That product that retails for $4 will wholesale for $2 to distributors and stores that purchase direct. Big box retailers may offer to pay $1.25 to the manufacturer if the product costs $1 to produce. That is the typical profit margin.
3. Determine if Doral is the right distributor for your product: Please take the time to browse our store for competing products. If Doral already has a similar product, it is going to be difficult to get your product picked up. Picture in which zone your product would best fit on the shelf and keep in mind that the most precious asset that these big box stores value is their shelf space.
4. Submit your product: Use our Submission Portal below to submit your product idea to us. In the case of a potential fit, we will reach back out to you with financial and logistics questions. Please keep in mind that a submission does NOT guarantee we will distribute your product.
5. Anticipate the need for increased volume: Having Doral agree to wholesale or distribute your product will mean a significant increase in volume. You should be prepared to ramp up your production and inform your manufacturer of this opportunity. Having production, logistics and distribution to sync is difficult, and it requires a significant amount of time. We may have stipulations in the contract that penalize you for delays in shipping and production. Have an attorney explain all contracts to you if you don’t understand the terms.
Submit your product
Ready to submit your product to us? Please fill out the fields below. A representative will reach back out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!